Thursday, April 06, 2017

What if....

There are some folks -- and that definitely includes me -- who keep fretting over a series of "What if -" questions in their minds. "What if the train doesn't reach on time?" What if the machine hangs during my presentation?" What if this, what if that...
This can be frustrating, not only for the person but also those around him/her. 
So, what I do is... Move on from "What if X happens?" to "What will I do if X happens?" This changes the whole perspective. If the train doesn't reach on time? Here are the people I should notify. If the machine hangs? Here are the important points from the presentation that I ought to memorize. and so on.
Rather than being paralyzed by fear and anxiety about what all things might go wrong, you start chalking out contingency plans and alternate approaches. It's fun.

No comments: