Monday, June 14, 2010

Stars shine down...

Last month, on 25th May, Infospectrum, the company I work for as a technical writer, felicitated me as Star Performer in Quality and Process Services category, at the hands of Jay Chopde, CEO of Infospectrum. Other categories, in which awards were handed out, were: Engineering, Management, Business Development and Support Services.


I would be a hypocrite to say I wasn't happy to be felicitated. However, the thought of being selected had never occurred to me, and in fact, barely minutes before the awards were declared, I was at my machine, working on an urgent deliverable that was to be submitted an hour later. So, the awards came as a pleasant surprise.


My tenure so far in this company has seen me working on almost all the major projects across diverse domains (marine logistics to satellite imaging to security software to business intelligence), on various platforms (Windows, Linux, and a bit of work on Mac), working with teams of various sizes (comprising from 5 to more than 30 people). Work has sometimes been challenging, sometimes relaxed; nevertheless, it has always been fun working with some smart people!

But, of course, there is a tinge of dissatisfaction: it could have been better. My deliverables could have been better, my work-process could have been more efficient, my interaction with the team could have been more productive. There is a huge scope for improvement and to make things better.

Perhaps, I should better sit down and start reading "Better", written by my current favourite author: Atul Gawande.

No comments: